Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Pursuit of Happiness

Dear Honeybee Cottage,
  
         In this day & age, the days, weeks, months & seasons seem to fly past me at a breakneck speed. The simple pleasures that I once celebrated as a child now seem to often get overlooked. I was reminded of this recently when we experienced winter's first snowflake...then what seemed to be a deluge of snow. It was a glorious sight! There is something to be said about the glory of all that white! 
Blanket of white on my lilac tree
        In my Grandparents time, the four seasons were linked with traditions and certain activities. The seasons were savored & celebrated for what each had to offer:
Arrival of Autumn gold
Dezi (our Scottish Terrier) in Winter's first snow
Sprouting of spring daffodils
Sipping lemonade on a hot summer's day
 So I have declared that my wish for each of us is to step off the dreary highway of today's accelerated life & to find happier moments with our family & friends. 
The highway doesn't look as dreary from here
I realize that at the end of a long grueling week that it is often hard to know how or where to begin...let alone muster the energy to do it!
Miss. Emma (my English Bulldog) 
   Hopefully, this is where we help each other out. I love traditions & am going to share my seasonal traditions with you (as I hope you will yours). My belief is that family traditions, no matter how simple, are what creates the cement that holds families together. There is nothing more joyful than four generations (or more) sitting down sharing memories & swapping stories. These are the ties that bind.
          Grab a cup of tea & come back often to join me in the pursuit of happiness & life's simple pleasures.


No comments:

Post a Comment