Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Dreaming of a White ...Everything!

       My style has always been I love this, I love that, ooh, I LOVE & WANT that! Throw it all together & it will work. For the most part, I believe it always has. Honeybee Cottage (along with our previous homes) has been a constantly evolving, changing... almost living thing. I have used my ingenuity, creativity & love of a great vintage "treasures" to decorate.
        With my recent confession of dreaming in white I have shocked, dumbfounded & totally confused my family & friends. They seem to associate white with sterile, bland, stiff, stuffy & well, just plain boring! "White is everything you are not!" exclaimed one of my closest friends. Hubby's comment was "You're just not feeling well...go lay down & it will pass." What is it that they see that I don't?
         White is easy, breezy, light, airy, elegant, classic & anything but boring. Don't we all love White weddings? White picket fences? 

The iconic White picket fence 
      White can be cozy:











White can be colorful:





White can be Dreamy:





I think the people that think of white as cold do so because they believe a white room must be neat & uniform, void of color. I don't own anything boring. I would like to see the pieces that I value, cherish & love stand out in the room. Plus, I  use lots of fluffy cushions, honey colored oak antiques, vintage items & distressed finishes — so my belief is that I  will get that easy breezy feeling, but with warmth. 

Besides, it's just paint! 

I will be sure to take before, during & after photos of this transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment