Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Completed Bathroom?

    I received a lovely little note in my inbox yesterday that said "Missie are you okay? I have enjoyed reading your blog so much...it is a delight. Please tell me you are just busy painting the house all white?"
    Well, I have been very busy! Truthfully the real reason is that I have this bathroom that needed finishing touches that I just couldn't see posting about until it was completely & utterly done.
    I won't lie...there are still a few things that I need to do. Repaint the door but to do that I want to take it off lay it flat & actually do it properly. Yes, I said properly! That means I need some half way decent weather so I can take it out into the garage to paint. Currently, it is just waaaay too cold! Not only for the paint but for me to be out in the garage painting. Yes, I admit it I am wussy when it comes to cold! I said I liked the beautiful white of the snow...not that I want to actually live in the cold. Hello!!


     So now with before pictures of my bathroom. Alright, they really aren't true before pictures since they were an "OOPS!" I started to paint & wanted to take pictures of the bathroom for comparison.
 Old vanity repurposed from an old sewing machine cabinet
Valentine's day shower curtain...I know corny but love to decorate for Valentine's Day as much as Christmas.
Dark picture...sorry amateur photographer that I am.

      Really, it was a cute bathroom & these pictures don't do it justice but like I said I had already started clearing it out for painting.


In Progress
      So finally after nearly a week of painting, replacing flooring & the vanity here is the finished product....


LOVE the shower curtain! Yes, it's one that I have had but it looks much prettier now.

Hubby built a new frame & sliding frame to replace the old metal cabinet

Granite counter top & light that moved from my bedroom...makes perfect nightlight.

Can you believe I had this vanity in the garage in a box for 5 years!!

Moved this from my bedroom to use for towel rack. Made from old shed from my grandparents property & antique silver spoons hooks.

Weathered bench from Hubby's grandma.



All three colors in one shot

Repainted trim...It is Tuxedo Black by Valspar

Same light fixture just cleaned up

Another lovely find from Hubby's grandma
A fresh coat of paint is all this needed



Hubby's Grandma's china platter & green vintage glass canisters hold bath necessities.







Vanity cabinet & new flooring

Grey flooring also from my garage!





What do you think?

      So there you have it....the completed bathroom. I say complete but PLEASE realize once you come to my house it may be slightly different. I am sure I will tweak a few things.

1 comment:

  1. Wow,
    What a job you have done. I love the color. The black makes all the shades of white pop.Ilove the vanitywhere did you pick that up I know it's been 5 years so if you don't remember that's OK. LOL. You did a great job. Know what's you nextroom going to be. Can't wait til next month for our meeting to see your Bathroom. Unless you want to invite me over soooooooner. Ha HA HA. Love your work very much.
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete