Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Color, Color Everywhere

  Honeybee Cottage overflows with color. Color not only feeds the eye but has both physiological & psychological components. There are some people that give little thought to the way a room color influences their mood...I, on the other hand, know better & have been known to change the paint in a room because it doesn't invoke in me the "feeling" that I am looking for.
     I love sage green...had the perfect green. I couldn't wait to use it. I painted my main bathroom this lovely green. I liked it. It didn't scare me a bit...but for some reason while soaking in a nice warm bubble bath, I began to think of painting it. Wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't come to this realization within a week of painting it! 


Benjamin Moore~ Seedling (AF-450)
     So off to the paint store I went. My bathroom became "Crushed Berries". I have had it this vibrant shade for a couple years now. Adore it!     
    The colors I have chosen for the walls of Honeybee Cottage are reminiscent of food: Death by Chocolate in the living room, Cafe' Latte in the t.v room, Raspberry Truffle in the dining room, Crushed Berries in main bathroom, Blueberry in the kitchen, Persimmon on my mud porch. These are all colors that I love...risky,daring, energetic & emotional, which is why I am sure that I adore them & chose them. They each evoked something in me. Hunger?
     For years, scientists & others have found evidence suggested that different color palettes could evoke different emotions, effectively programming our minds each time we enter a space. Which is why restaurants, health facilities all use different schemes.  
    Recently, with my oldest daughter's departure to college, I decided that hubby & I needed to take back the large downstairs bedroom & our youngest daughter should into the smaller room we had. This flip flop of rooms is not completely unusual at Honeybee Cottage. It has been pointed out by many that rearranging furniture may be my true hobby.
       So that meant that the Tiffany blue walls that my daughter's enjoyed, no matter how lovely did not match my bedding. Paint being cheaper than new bedding meant new paint! I haven't tired of the Gunmetal Grey that hubby & I had in our room. I have actually used it for years. In our previous home, all of the walls were this elegant grey. Now just to budget for it & find the time. 
       I knew I wasn't about to do it during December with Christmas. January proved to be busier than anticipated now it's February. Time to get busy. 
        Except....I have been dreaming of WHITE!?!?!














  How will this dream end?
    






      
      

    

2 comments:

  1. I think white is like the turning of the page in a book. Crisp clean. Like when it rains on a spring day. A rainbow is out. I think White is beautiful will bring freshs ideas to the honeybee cottage. Love all your ideas Missie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! I love your analogy of turning a page in a book..New season, new start. I am excited to see the changes & will post as they happen.

    ReplyDelete