Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year, New You?





Happy New Year! I hope you all had a happy & safe New Year’s Eve.


Despite our ambition (okay mainly mine not hubby's) of having a New Year's eve party with family & friends we once again opted to stay in the with the kids, having our own celebration.
 In our not-at-all glitzy clothes, we watched  movies & played games, with hugs & kisses all around at midnight  before heading to bed. Which means we woke up bright-eyed & bushy tailed  with out a hint of a hangover so we could watch the Rose Bowl Parade. New Year's day was filled with the parade, football, snacking, laughing & dinner together.
Having a family has definitely changed how we have celebrated New Year's Eve for more years than I wish to say but it has also given us the opportunity to create some traditions here in Honeybee Cottage.

I always get excited for a new year. It means a a fresh start, new promises & new planner!

The symbolic power of January 1st is huge. Research shows more than a third of Americans  will make a New Year’s resolutions.  I don’t know about you, but these days I seldom make New Year's resolutions. Maybe since I find them so hard to keep. I do find that it is the perfect time to look back on all that was accomplished in the past year, giving me the opportunity to be grateful for what I  have no matter how tough the year was.

With that said we are undertaking a   31days of Living Well and spending Zero Challenge. 

As many of you know I love to reuse, re-purpose & reinvent items to decorate my home. I think that for the most part we live frugally. I won't lie & say that I do not love to indulge in my love of clothes, handbags, shoes & yarn. But I have discovered that I love traveling & indulging in experiences with family & friends even more.

I am hoping that this challenge will help us evaluate & reset our spending habits, as well as how we look at money. Helping us define what  "living well" really is...

I  will keep you posted.

Do you make  New Year resolutions?

Wishing you all a happy, healthy & prosperous 2014.

A month of NO spending is an awesome way to reset your spending patterns or kick-start your budget, and this challenge is a great way to keep yourself on track.  The rules are pretty simple:  no spending on anything outside of your absolute necessities, and eat from your pantry & freezer as much as possible.
Read more at http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/31-days/livingwellspendingzero/#GUB0rlWWX4767JBy.99

No comments:

Post a Comment