Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Arrival of Fall



Yesterday, I had a conversation with some friends about the arrival of Fall & how they dreaded it. I was a little stunned.I like Fall! Autumn is one of my favorite seasons.Needless to say, these women were a little stunned! What!?! How could I possibly enjoy Fall ...it was the end of vacations, swimming, sunbathing and all of the various summer parties that I seem to enjoy so much? True! I do love summer! But Autumn holds so much promise too!

Photo Credit: Bill Paulino

    
 Let me count the ways....

  1. Fashion: Fall has always meant NEW clothes. I love fashion...with the end of Fashion Week many of the magazines & stores are coming out with the hot new trends for the year.  I especially love being able to get back into my myriad of jackets, coats & scarves.And I am ready to trade my flip-flops for boots. 
    Addiction to boots?


30 Must Have Fall Wardrobe Essentials 2013

 2.    Football season: I am not going to lie to you...Time for a little confession – I know little  about the game of football. I love the smells, the noise, tailgating, the food & my hubby's passion for the game.
 I grew up in a small farming community who LOVED their football team. I could hardly wait to be in high school so I could participate in the annual Serpentine Parade (a Homecoming tradition) where every high school student wears the school colors and walks through town with the local business owners & community members as bystanders This tradition has been held for 50 years!







3.   Pumpkin Spiced Lattes: You know Fall has officially arrived when Pumpkin Spice Lattes have arrived at Starbucks!   





4.   Fresh start:  The truth is that the despite what the calendar says the real start of the new year has always begun for me in September. New goals, new planner, new office supplies! And if you have children they are  returning to school work, new learning opportunities & new possibilities. Fall also brings with it the new television line up or new episodes of favorite shows. And it may be just me but it when I typically am energized to start a new workout. Last fall it was Hot Yoga. Plus, I am suddenly motivated to clear out closets, organize cupboards, donate items that no longer serve a purpose for my family so they can begin a new life with a new family.

5.   Weather:  I admit I LOVE hot summer months. We don't typically get hot summers in Seattle area But one thing we do get is nice crisp, sunny Septembers. The weather is typically warm enough to still  enjoy outdoor activities such as fall camping & hiking before the wet season hits us.

Photo Credit: TL O'Brien


Wishing you all a glorious Autumn!


No comments:

Post a Comment